WSO2 Carbon Team has just finished with their new release of WSO2 Carbon Kernel 4.3.0 which is the very first release of WSO2 Carbon based on GitHub.
Here is the release note from WSO2 Carbon Team.
WSO2 Carbon team is pleased announce the release of the Carbon Kernel 4.3.0.
What is WSO2 Carbon
WSO2 Carbon redefines middleware by providing an integrated and componentized middleware platform that adapts to the specific needs of any enterprise IT project – on premise or in the cloud. 100% open source and standards-based, WSO2 Carbon enables developers to rapidly orchestrate business processes, compose applications and develop services using WSO2 Developer Studio and a broad range of business and technical services that integrate with legacy, packaged and SaaS applications.
WSO2 Carbon kernel, the lean, modular, OSGi-based platform, is the base of the WSO2 Carbon platform. It is a composable server architecture which inherits modularity and dynamism from OSGi framework. WSO2 Carbon kernel can be considered as a framework for server development. All the WSO2 products are composed as a collection reusable components running on this kernel. These products/components inherits all the core services provided by Carbon kernel such as Registry/repository, User management, Transports, Caching, Clustering, Logging, Deployment related features.
You can download the released distribution from the product home page : http://wso2.com/products/carbon/
- WSO2 Carbon Kernel code is hosted in GitHub.
- The GIT repository is https://github.com/wso2/carbon4-kernel/
- Carbon 4.3.0 release tag is https://github.com/wso2/carbon4-kernel/releases/tag/4.3.0
- Simplified logging story with pluggable log provider support.
- Upgraded versions of Hazelcast, Log4j, BouncyCastle.
- Improved Composite application support.
- Composable Server Architecture – Provides a modular, light-weight, OSGi-based server development framework.
- Carbon Application(CApp) deployment support.
- Multi-Profile Support for Carbon Platform – This enable a single product to run on multiple modes/profiles.
- Carbon + Tomcat JNDI Context – Provide ability to access both carbon level and tomcat level JNDI resources to applications using a single JNDI context.
- Distributed Caching and Clustering functionality – Carbon kernel provides a distributed cache and clustering implementation which is based on Hazelcast- a group communication framework
- Pluggable Transports Framework – This is based on Axis2 transports module.
- Registry/Repository API- Provide core registry/repository API for component developers.
- User Management API – Provides a basic user management API for component developers.
- Logging – Carbon kernel supports both Java logging as well as Log4j. Logs from both these sources will be aggregated to a single output
- Pluggable artifact deployer framework – Kernel can be extended to deploy any kind of artifacts such as Web services, Web apps, Business processes, Proxy services, User stores etc.
- Deployment Synchronization – Provides synchronization of deployed artifacts across a product cluster.
- Ghost Deployment – Provides a lazy loading mechanism for deployed artifacts</li>
- Multi-tenancy support – The roots of the multi-tenancy in Carbon platform lies in the Carbon kernel. This feature includes tenant level isolation as well as lazy loading of tenants.
WSO2 Carbon developers can be contacted via the mailing lists: